Thursday, February 2, 2012

Class Last Night

I did this in the bootcamp class I teach last night. . . .WHEW! easy to follow but pretty tough!

3 minutes of cardio, 1 minute of strength moves, 30 seconds rest, then repeat.

Cardio Moves(30 seconds each): jumprope, jumping jacks, toe taps on a step, mountain climbers on a step, shuffle side to side, high knees

Strength Moves (1 minute each, between cardio intervals):push-ups, squats, crunches

For a 15 minute workout, stick with these 3 strength exercises in between the cardio intervals.

My class is an hour long so I added more exercises in-between the cardio intervals: lunges, bicep curls, overhead tricep press, chest flyes, reverse flyes

So it looks like this:
Cardio
Push-ups
Cardio
Squats
Cardio
Crunches
etc.

5 comments:

  1. I wonder if you could suggest a link or two to show us examples of the exercises. I don't know what a mountain climber is, for example. Of course, you blog is fine as is! And I hope I'm not asking too much, it's just that you would be a better judge of good examples than me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Carmin. I was going to refer you to the video that was in a previous post but I see it's not there. Sorry about that. I'll upload it again.

    Mountain Climber-Begin in a pushup position on your hands and toes. Bring the right knee in towards the chest, resting the foot on the floor. Jump up and switch feet in the air, bringing the left foot in and the right foot back. Continue alternating the feet as fast as you safely can. To modify this moving you can do standing lunges. Basically the same movement but instead of your hands on the floor extend them in front of you as your legs go back. Again, as fast as you safely can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To see a video of a mountain climber, click on link below:

    http://www.exercise.com/exercise/mountain-climbers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherry, One of these days I will get off of the couch and try your work outs. I get tired just reading them! No wonder you are always so fit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have decided again to do my Zumba tapes. My daughter worked out with me three times this week. I hope I can keep this up, at least for a month. I would like to shape up and loose 10 to 15 pounds.

    ReplyDelete